Namespace conflict in CB 3.5.0

Hi everybody,

I have two entirely separate apps running on the same machine. Both have a module with the same name.
In fact both modules are called Security… but each module has a slightly different configuration (otherwise I would have used an external location and have both apps load the same codebase).

Whenever I fwreinit one of the apps, the other app will start using the moduleConfig of the wrong Security module and vice versa. I suspect there is a conflict in namespace when caching the module?
Is coldbox using the module name as caching key or a combined app name + module name? Is this expected behaviour and should I make sure that modules in different apps have different names?

When I rename the module - Security folder in one of the apps, both apps work as expected.

Sounds like you are victim to the saving of classes in the Admin, please switch that off and lets us know how you go.

Hi Andrew,

You mean Adobe Coldfusion Administrator - server settings > Caching right?

Wouldn’t that use the full path of the class? So the fact that the classes are in a different location should solve that problem?

Cheers,
Tom

No its a common misconception, and has been discussed in here many times. If you are running multiple sites then you must switch that of in the Administrator.

Thanks Andrew,

Seems to do the trick indeed. I will keep an eye on it, but for now I will consider this issue as solved.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi everybody,

Ok forget about the issue being resolved. It still does the same with save class files unticked…

Cheers,
Tom

Did you clear the caches / files even though it is off, it may still see them and load them,

If that doesn’t work, can you give me a bit more info regarding how you have your sites setup.

btw you also did restart coldfusion when you made that change as well?

Hi Andrew,

I asked our network admin to have a look at it because it was reacting pretty buggy with our load balancing of the servers; replicating cache or something like that.
After clearing each of our instances the fix did indeed work so thanks again for the input.

Cheers,
Tom

np glad it is all sorted…

Also make sure you uncheck cache web server paths as it does the same nastiness on multiple sites in the same instance.

Luis