ORM error on ContentBox/Lucee/Ubuntu

I am getting the following error when I try to login to my ContentBox 3 installation. I got this working on my local Windows 8.1 running on ColdFusion 2016 and IIS. I then transfered the whole thing to a new Azure VM setup with Ubuntu, Apache 2.4 and Lucee (latest release). I finally got it running and got the SES URLs working but I get this error when I try to login. My home page works fine though so I know the DB connection is ok (content page with favorite URL links). My database is an Azure DB instance.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a bug?

–Stewart McGuire

Event: contentbox-security:security.doLogin
Routed URL: cbadmin/security/doLogin/
Layout: N/A (Module: )
View: N/A
Timestamp: 01/04/2017 09:19:26 PM

I’m not sure if ContentBox runs on Lucee 5 right now. Gavin? Luis?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: brad@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

We have to do more testing with Lucee 5. I’ll try and get this tested soon… and report back.

Looking at the error, it looks like ORM… so I wonder if its a Lucee 5 ORM issue, or the Azure DB ORM issue.
I thought someone had issues with the latest MS SQL 2016 with ORM. Does that ring any bells to anyone?

Gavin Pickin
ContentBox CMS Advocate

So, should I downgrade this to Lucee 4 for now?

–Stewart

If you can… use the latest 4.x
We are actively testing and using against 4.x. Since Lucee 5 released, we are updating our Lucee Extensions, but most of our Ortus Sites require those extensions, so we’re running them on 4.x still.

Since Lucee 5 came out, we have only had minor testing.
I’ll try to run through an install and setup asap and report my findings on Lucee 5.

In the meantime, 4.x would be the best bet.
Thanks for the feedback.

Gavin Pickin
ContentBox CMS Advocate.

I realized that I was running on 5.0.0.254. So I updated to 5.1.0.34 and I got a different error (attached below). I will downgrade to Lucee 4.5 for now until you announce that it is working on Lucee 5.x.

–Stewart

Event: contentbox-security:security.doLogin
Routed URL: cbadmin/security/doLogin/
Timestamp: 01/05/2017 12:08:50 AM

Gavin,

I went ahead and built a second VM for Lucee 4.5 and ran into issues there as well. I currently have:

Ubuntu 16.10
Apache 2.4
Lucee 4.5.4.017

I transferred my ContentBox folder to the new VM and got it up and running. I can hit the home page and can login, but I get the following error on the Dashboard page in the ContentBox Admin. I then thought to try the latest development release of Lucee so I updated to 4.5.5.004 and got the same error. I realized then that I had setup my data source using the jTDS JDBC driver. So I renamed it and created a new data source using the native Microsoft JDBC driver and then it started working! Not sure what the difference is, but I’m glad I got it working.

–Stewart

Event: contentbox-admin:dashboard.latestSystemEdits
Routed URL: cbadmin/dashboard/latestSystemEdits/
Timestamp: 01/06/2017 07:34:23 PMType: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException

Tag Context:

I got completely different errors with Lucee 5.1
I get a bunch of NPE errors.

I’ll try a non commandbox install and see if that matters.

Glad you got it working.

Gavin,

FYI, I am running build 604 of ContentBox (Luis fixed a bug for me running against SQL Server 2016).

–Stewart

Stewart,

We have not validated ContentBox with Lucee 5. If there are issues with Lucee 5 we need to create issues with them to get it resolved.