Platform Utilities Bug

Hello,

This morning, I downloaded the code for the Platform Utilities to investigate adding the ability to scan a directory location and have all CFCs be registered as variable mappings for your current project. Before going to far, I wanted to try the existing functionality “Setup Project ColdBox Variable Mappings” which maps things like LogBox so you can always inspect those methods just by writing “LogBox**.**” in your application. That is when I think I found a bug with the platform utilities–or–it could be a lack of configuration on my part.

When I create a variable mapping to a CFC I must use the fully qualified path (i.e. c:/web/lib/coldbox/foobar.cfc) but the Platform Utilities register using the classpath “coldbox.foobar”. When I used the Platform Utilities it appears to have failed as I don’t get any introspection unless I use the fully qualified path.

I can file a bug and commit a patch, but, I wanted to ask the group first to confirm I’m not missing something.

Thanks,

Aaron Greenlee

Well It can work either way actually. Because the cf path resolves if you are using the linking of the coldbox folder. This way you don’t need a physical path on every user’s server which is impossible to know. Therefore the cf path is the best choice

Luis Majano
President
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll free phone/fax: 1-888-557-8057
Mobile: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
www.coldbox.org

Figured as much.

Where would I map that? I have it mapped in CF but it does not seem to be getting picked up.

Thanks,

-A

This morning I added /coldbox to my project’s “Additional Source” list hoping it could resolve these paths to the correct CFCs but it still is not working. In fact, I can’t get ColdFusion Builder 2 to resolve my own objects for the Variable Mappings within the project unless I use absolute paths.

Can you think of anything I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

-A

The server config maybe

Luis Majano
President
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll free phone/fax: 1-888-557-8057
Mobile: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
www.coldbox.org