Random Question / bug - LS command with a space in a folder name?

Hi Brad,

Is it possible that the “ls” command would fail if there was a space in a folder name? Recently I added a second account to my local dropbox and suddenly my dropbox folder went from “dropbox” to “dropbox (Personal)” and the ls command isn’t working although the cd will do tab completion.

Note: If you ever want to find any hard coded URLs in your project just rename a folder
@@
<
O

Dan Card

Hi Dan, in what way does it fail? I just used ls on my Windows machine to list the contents of my C:\ folder which includes folder names such as “Program Files (x86)”. Are you getting an error message? Also, what version of CommandBox?

Thanks!

~Brad

I wish I’d taken screen shots. Did you go to a folder underneath “Program Files (x86)”?

CommandBox 3.9.2+00826

The very quick back story is that I have a root folder called “sites” in my Dropbox folder (i.e. c:\user\blah\dropbox\sites. I have CommandBox installed there and then folders underneath it for clients, projects, whatever. Two days ago I added a second login to my Dropbox and the Dropbox app automatically renamed by “dropbox” folder to “Dropbox (Personal)”.

Besides the obvious break of all absolute paths, mappings and my sanity, I noticed that whenever I navigated to a folder underneath my sites folder (i.e. C:\user\blah\Dropboox (Personal)\sites\client1\project1\ and then typed “ls”, I would get back something like “no files or folders” and no listing even though I could see that there were in windows explorer and the tab completion worked.

I’ve since reverted everything back and it’s working 100% but I thought I’d pass it on since there is no way make Dropbox use a differently named folder. Thought if nothing else it could a “heads up”.

Dan

I wish I’d taken screen shots. Did you go to a folder underneath “Program Files (x86)”?

CommandBox 3.9.2+00826

The very quick back story is that I have a root folder called “sites” in my Dropbox folder (i.e. c:\user\blah\dropbox\sites. I have CommandBox installed there and then folders underneath it for clients, projects, whatever. Two days ago I added a second login to my Dropbox and the Dropbox app automatically renamed by “dropbox” folder to “Dropbox (Personal)”.

Besides the obvious break of all absolute paths, mappings and my sanity, I noticed that whenever I navigated to a folder underneath my sites folder (i.e. C:\user\blah\Dropboox (Personal)\sites\client1\project1\ and then typed “ls”, I would get back something like “no files or folders” and no listing even though I could see that there were in windows explorer and the tab completion worked.

I’ve since reverted everything back and it’s working 100% but I thought I’d pass it on since there is no way make Dropbox use a differently named folder. Thought if nothing else it could a “heads up”.

Dan

As always you da’ man. Thanks.

Dan