RE: [coldbox:7190] Re: WSDL call from outside of CB framework when Application has timed out

I would have to go back to my original question about how the web service is tapping into ColdBox. You may need to turn it into a proxy as that should take care of all necessary logic to ensure the controller is up and loaded before your request is processed.

If your cfc is outside the framework, I’m not sure how you would be accessing it without directly digging the controller reference out of the application scope. I think in previous versions I think I saw Luis suggest someone in a similar situation manually call a method called reloadChecks(), but I’m not quite sure right off if that is still around in the same effect.

Thanks!

~Brad

Thanks Brad,

See response below...

I would have to go back to my original question about how the web service is tapping into ColdBox. You may need to turn it into a proxy as that should take care of all necessary logic to ensure the controller is up and loaded before your request is processed. I'm not sure what "turning it into a proxy" involves.

The web service is not using the CB framework at all. It simply
treats the call to the cfc as if CB wasn't there. Just goes straight
to the .cfc location. Both apps come from the same source so the
calling app knows where the cfc lives in the 2nd (CB) app but doesn't
bother with using the CB framework to access it.

If your cfc is outside the framework, I'm not sure how you would be accessing it without directly digging the controller reference out of the application scope. I think in previous versions I think I saw Luis suggest someone in a similar situation manually call a method called reloadChecks(), but I'm not quite sure right off if that is still around in the same effect.

This sounds like it could be potentially the ticket. I was thinking of
simply relocating to the CB app's index.cfm page just prior to the
WSDL calls but that seems kludgey.

The web service is not using the CB framework at all.

Perhaps I'm just being dense, but how can this be? I thought the whole problem is that the cfc being called errors if the ColdBox application has timed out. If this is true, then it must somehow be dependant on ColdBox. What line of code errors when ColdBox has timed out? Can you paste it in here to clear up the ambiguity?
My assumption was that it is something along the lines of <cfset application.cbController.someMethodThatErrorsIfcbControllerDoesntExist()>

I'm not sure what "turning it into a proxy" involves

First, read this:
http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/ColdboxProxy.cfm

Minimally, it would require your web service to extend "coldbox.system.extras.ColdboxProxy" (or "coldbox.system.remote.ColdBoxProxy" in 3.0).
The basic idea of a proxy cfc is it gives you a remote facade to call your event handlers with. But if you want, you can also directly deal with your services, plugins, and pretty much another other part of the framework (logging, caching, etc) from within the proxy.

Thanks!

~Brad