Reading coldfusion log files

I am using commandbox with Adobe Coldfusion 2021. I apparently don’t have permission to read the log files. I built a parser so that I could read them in the browser. Parser works, but does not work with the log files that are in the default location that commandbox put them. How do I give myself permission to read them from the web browser via Coldfusion?

Explain. Is CommandBox running on your local PC. Can you not access your file system? Are you in Docker? A remote server?

I don’t know what that means. Doesn’t work how? Error message? Incorrect behavior. Please provide more information. Error messages, stack traces, screenshots, etc.

I have no idea what this means. Web browser how? where? Via CF? Via a mapping? What exactly are you doing, how are you doing it, how do you expect it to work, and what about it isn’t working?

Nevermind. Doh - I was missing a back slash. I can read them just fine if it can find the file.

The location of the log files was C:\Users\linda.CommandBox\server\4FFAAA250A7DD51BDB7845736C19AD8B-report2\adobe-2018.0.19.330149\WEB-INF\cfusion\logs\

2 Likes