I’ve been using BDD syntax for roughly a week. It’s great, but it has a very aggravating problem. I don’t have a good test case for it, because it’s intermittent, but maybe if I give my horribly vague description, it will ring some bells for those who know the implementation.
While writing tests, I sometimes run into an obscure error (next time I’ll grab it when I see it, sorry) from the TestBox core code that tells me something is missing from array position 1 (or similar). I’ll make a bunch of changes to try to fix it, which generally speaking, won’t fix that error. On a hunch, I decided one time not to modify the test code, but to restart Lucee. Magically, the test started working. Now, when I get that problem (which is pretty common while I’m writing tests), I restart Lucee, then I’m back in business. Obviously, that’s an onerous workflow.
Here’s another bit of info that I’ll supply, on a hunch that this issue might be related to my environment: Lucee runs on a Vagrant-handled (Ubuntu 12.04) VM, and the app CFML source (FYI, as well as the Lucee WEB-INF, which is auto-generated under the web root) is being shared (from Windows) via NFS. Although I haven’t really had any problems with that configuration, I do notice that certain things in the OS don’t work quite the way they would if files were native, such as
tail -f reverting to polling, since it can’t detect changes on that remote filesystem.
I can add this as an issue on GitHub if you’d like, but I didn’t want to do so right off the bat, because the steps to reproduce are nonexistent, and I don’t have the error handy, ATM.