TrayIcon Option Request

At the moment in the Windows Tray Icon for a running server there is the option to go open the webroot or the server root.

Can you add another option - perhaps by default - and enabled with a command line switch / config setting that would open the “.CommandBox/server” directory - as well?

Actually - just as I am writing this it seems more “silly” as I go… but I’ll finish anyway and see if others think there is value in it - or, as I suspect - just being a little “pre-coffee” minded…

my Application is actually 3 applications.
So I right-click Application 2’s tray icon to open the associated folder I am interested in.
Realise I need something from Application 3’s files (a log maybe) and right-click App 3’s tray icon to get there.

I just don’t ever, and I have been using Commandbox for quite a while now - so you could be forgiven for thinking tthinking “this guy is just an idiot” - I think that myself -0 right now - while typing…

But I just don’t ever find myself NATURALLY thinking about those (open server home / web home) links - just being shortcuts to the file system.
In my mind it is a discreet option that opens Application 1’s (o2’s or 3’s) Stuff ONLY,.

While typing this I realised - HEY - you can just go UP from Application 1 - to the “server” folder and then DOWN to Application 2…
But my brain just gets stuck on this ACTION is for “discrete” Application ONLY.

How about “CommandBox HOME”
“.CommandBox/server”?

Gavin.

This is totally something you can add in to your servers :slight_smile:

Also, I’ll have a screencast coming out soon for this on CFCasts.

1 Like

Fantastic - Thanks Brad!