URL Rewriting post-instll

Hi,

I just did a clean install from the current Git source.

The first time around I selected the option to have URL rewriting installed for IIS7. That resulted in an invalid web.config error.

I did a second install without the that option and CB words fine.

Now I want to add URL rewriting post install and I’m wondering if there is a procedure or if I’m on my own.

Thanks!

John

Hi,

The first time around I selected the option to have URL rewriting installed for IIS7. That resulted in an invalid web.config error.

Now I want to add URL rewriting post install and I’m wondering if there is a procedure or if I’m on my own.

Thanks!

John

Hi,

Thanks!

John

The IIS error about the invalid web.config was from not having the IIS URL rewriting module installed.

After installing this over and over I finally noticed the links for the rewrite libraries on the install rewrite step page, but I was referring to the install pages on the website, so perhaps the same info on the install step for the rewrite modules should be copied to the install web page (or at least the same links added to that page). That would have been enough of a clue.

I’m liking the new Bootstrap theme admin/install. I’ve noticed some very minor CSS issues but that’s mostly to the fact that I have Helvetica Neue installed on my machine and thus the form input font size seems a bit small.

Note how the button on right is Helvetica Neue and the previous step button is plain Arial. I know this is minor, but the better the polish, the better the product!

Here is another minor issue

The leading on the H1 is a bit tight.

Also, I know it’s more work, but I feel that the mandatory fields should prompt as you leave the step. If that’s not possible, and the validation is rolled into the “Start Installation” button, I like the pattern where the error has a link that takes you to the div with the error (and that div is in yellow, or some other highlight).

I’m pretty good with this kind of JS, so if you need help, let me know!

Regards,

John

The IIS error about the invalid web.config was from not having the IIS URL rewriting module installed.

After installing this over and over I finally noticed the links for the rewrite libraries on the install rewrite step page, but I was referring to the install pages on the website, so perhaps the same info on the install step for the rewrite modules should be copied to the install web page (or at least the same links added to that page). That would have been enough of a clue.

I’m liking the new Bootstrap theme admin/install. I’ve noticed some very minor CSS issues but that’s mostly to the fact that I have Helvetica Neue installed on my machine and thus the form input font size seems a bit small.

Note how the button on right is Helvetica Neue and the previous step button is plain Arial. I know this is minor, but the better the polish, the better the product!

<image001.png>

Here is another minor issue

<image002.png>

The leading on the H1 is a bit tight.

Also, I know it’s more work, but I feel that the mandatory fields should prompt as you leave the step. If that’s not possible, and the validation is rolled into the “Start Installation” button, I like the pattern where the error has a link that takes you to the div with the error (and that div is in yellow, or some other highlight).

I’m pretty good with this kind of JS, so if you need help, let me know!

Regards,

John

One superb product is missing on the list shown at “Site URL Rewrites”: It’s Helicon Ape. This product offers a lot of modules, including URL rewriting, as we know from apache for IIS.

Link: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/

Want to add this?

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp
Toll Free/Fax: 1-888-557-8057
Direct: 909-248-3408
www.ortussolutions.com
Twitter: @lmajano, @ortussolutions

Yes, this is a great tool for government folks still running old servers

Luis, This would make sense. The software is not free, it’s 70 dollar. But it offers so much, perfect for IIS.