When is boxlang.json (re)read?

When’s boxlang.json read?

I’m messing around with some CF / Lucee compat issues, and wanna (en|dis)able their support from test to test.

I’m guessing it’s read once when the service starts? But if I just restart my Docke rcontainer with the new settings, they should be picked up?

I’ve not found much by way of documentation on this file: all I know I inferred from a mention of it on ForgeBox.

It is read once at startup of the runtime. Depending on the setting, there is likely a way to influence it at runtime, but I’d need to know which setting you were wanting to toggle.

This file is still in flux. However, we have a roadmap for it now that we have several modules under our belt and we know where functionality will go. So now is the time to request things as I will be closing the config and docs soon.

As far as being re-read, there will be a setting to re-read when changes happened. The default will be FALSE for security purposes. However, if you turn it on, then it can have a file watcher for detecting changes and reload. Mostly, derivative of debug mode.

Would this suffice?

That sounds good! Thank you.