Widget Containers like Wordpress

I am not sure if you have this planned, have even thought out it. But following on from the themes as modules concept, it would also be nice if ContentBox allowed something like this.

For example the theme could register containers, that the user could then go into the Admin area and drag and drop widgets into the container, order them to their preference as well. The added ability to also configure widgets inside these containers would also be a huge benefit.

For example, I will use Wordpress here as an example here as well.

Let’s say we have the default recent posts, one could drag this into the registered widget container provide a title for the widget for example Latest Posts or Latest Entries, as well as configure how many they would like to display. Of course themes could then register their own widgets, that could then have more options.

I can see some huge benefits by this approach, as Wordpress is very configurable here. I could write a widget that could display content that was a row of images, or a row of content, or a row of excepts that could display a specific amount of characters.

I know this is probably ambitious stuff, however I think there more ContentBox can use some of these ideas, the themes could provide huge potential on the configuration level, one them could have 20 different looks depending on how the user wanted to configure the content.

After playing around with Wordpress a lot more over the weekend, and looking if I could add some of the functionality that themes for it could provide. The more I see how powerful that application really is, the more I begin to see how much potential to Theme authors is available to them.

Luis I am not sure if this is what you have planned or intend ContentBox to become, but it would be nice to. When you look at the themes in WP they don’t do a great deal, it is about display and configuration, but they do it well. Well some of the more well know frameworks and theme authors anyway.

I am not sure if you have this planned, have even thought out it. But following on from the themes as modules concept, it would also be nice if ContentBox allowed something like this.

For example the theme could register containers, that the user could then go into the Admin area and drag and drop widgets into the container, order them to their preference as well. The added ability to also configure widgets inside these containers would also be a huge benefit.

For example, I will use Wordpress here as an example here as well.

Let’s say we have the default recent posts, one could drag this into the registered widget container provide a title for the widget for example Latest Posts or Latest Entries, as well as configure how many they would like to display. Of course themes could then register their own widgets, that could then have more options.

I can see some huge benefits by this approach, as Wordpress is very configurable here. I could write a widget that could display content that was a row of images, or a row of content, or a row of excepts that could display a specific amount of characters.

I know this is probably ambitious stuff, however I think there more ContentBox can use some of these ideas, the themes could provide huge potential on the configuration level, one them could have 20 different looks depending on how the user wanted to configure the content.

After playing around with Wordpress a lot more over the weekend, and looking if I could add some of the functionality that themes for it could provide. The more I see how powerful that application really is, the more I begin to see how much potential to Theme authors is available to them.

Luis I am not sure if this is what you have planned or intend ContentBox to become, but it would be nice to. When you look at the themes in WP they don’t do a great deal, it is about display and configuration, but they do it well. Well some of the more well know frameworks and theme authors anyway.

Cool Luis, that’s good news for me then… I was hoping you would say yes.